Saturday, October 11, 2014

John Green and His Jackpot

I always like the word 'green', it's so simple yet you can imagine a lot of nuance (I wouldn't say things, that's so tangible, boo). Undepictable, but I will say hearing the word green would make me think of something butter-sweet, peaceful, cool, et cetera cetera. Also that's funny to see the woed green written with colours but green. Now that John Green is a worldwide-known writer and I also happen to like his books except for The Fault in Our Stars, I wanna talk about him.

He is that one-of-a-kind writer who likes to pick such mainstream genre in an anti-mainstream style. Love story? Lame. But love story which involves a guy and a gurl who has another guy but they are platonic or a so-me guy with a so-me girl (i mean hopeless, dreamless, that stuff)? That's something. Also I admire the way he shows us that he did sooo much damn useless research for all the minor-but-major details in his books. I bet those aren't something you can just type in that search bar on google.com. And making those anagrams? Either he is a genius or he is a diligent freak who spent like 20 minutes more for every anagrams he created. But duh, maybe that can only be because English is really his thing but no, you don't tell me stuff like that. I knew it. I'm just amazed.

Sadly his stories are always ended with an unfavorable ending for readers. According to my experience, death is inevitable. Or they just don't get together. Or or or and another or. It maps my mind and I'm just being traumatic for reading more books of him.

GOSH,
That's before I finally made my mind to try reading An Abundance of Katherines. And after peeking to its ending, I think I've hit the jackpot this time.

(random thoughts while blank-reading page 139)

[YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET MY REVIEW ON THIS BOOK BECAUSE I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW.]

No comments:

Post a Comment