Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How I Got This Feeling

Kids, sometimes in life you'll make a pit for someone in your mind but ultimately the only person in that pit is yourself, which means there's only one person who can let you out of the pit. Yourself. -Future Ted.

I've been so crazy about How I Met Your Mother ever since my first glance at it.

The first thing I thought about this serial was, it was a ridiculous title. I had no idea that it would be so funny yet without making you over think (like Community or other Fox comedy serials do). But then I realized that Ted had not met his children's mother, yet. This makes me give up watching it sometimes, but again I always come back.

As time goes by, things change. No I don't want to change the topic into something tearful. As NCIS goes to another season, it gets darker. And so does HIMYM. It may not get less funny, but yeah, it goes more serious. Barney fell in love, Barney got married, things I wouldn't imagine. With Robin. Right. I SHIPPED TEDROBIN GOSH. But it's okay, I waited for the girl with the yellow umbrella. *sobs still*

Ups, I forgot about the quote I put in the very beginning of my post.

SO, nowadays instead of making me laugh my fucking ass off, HIMYM makes me think about my life. And that quote is one from an episode that touches my heart most. Having been in that condition doesn't make that quote teaches me something but make me realize something. I thank God for things I, fortunately, did. Get yourself out of that pit, guys.

It may surrender something, your pride. But it will give you something thousand times more precious, that joyfulness.

Speaking of which, beside that quote I found a touching scene. That scene where Robin fired Patrice, whose face is annoying but will make you feel guilty for being such an evil..., and Patrice looked extremely shocked and sad. I would not stand that look omg. And when Patrice was about to walk through the door, she turned back and said, "Robin, is this about me?" Which Robin replied, "..No you're right it's about me." AARGH. That's what usually happens. Is everything about them, or you? --By the way, I really got a misty eyes when Patrice hugged Robin, and Robin hugged back. Then I smiled when Robin proudly said to that man-I-don't-know-who that Patrice is still working.

---

I also got another quote! I got this from The Final Page part 2, the continuation from that pit-guy-edition.

Eight years ago I made an ass of myself chasing after you and I made an ass of myself chasing after you a bunch of times since then. I have no regrets because it led me to something I wouldn't trade for the world, it led to you being my friend. So as your friend and a leading expert in the field of making an ass of yourself, I say to you, from the heart, get the hell out of this car. - Ted, encouraging Robin to meet Barney before he proposes to Patrice.

Update: The girl with the yellow umbrella is now revealed! GOOGLE IT! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment